Wednesday 5 August 2015

Reece Shearsmith to guest star in Doctor Who

Reece Shearsmith has been announced as a guest star in Episode 9 of the upcoming series of Doctor Who.  The episode is written by Shearsmith's former co-star from The League and Gentlemen, Mark Gatiss, who said:

"I’m also chuffed to bits to finally welcome my old friend Reece Shearsmith onto the show. He’s been badgering me for ten years!"

Shearsmith, who previously played Patrick Troughton in Gatiss's docu-drama An Adventure in Space and Time, said:  

"I am absolutely thrilled to be filming Doctor Who as Mark Gatiss has written a fantastic role for me in a very scary episode. It has been so exciting to be part of a very singular episode - which, I can say with authority will be unlike any previous episode of Doctor Who."

This means all three performers from The League of Gentlemen have now acted in the series after Gatiss appeared as Professor Lazarus in The Lazarus Experiment (2007) and Steve Pemberton as Strackman Lux in Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead (2008).

This tweet also reveals Shearsmith's in costume: 

No comments:

Post a Comment